About Health and Safety
Metro ECSU's Health & Safety/Building Management Assistance Program provides on-site management assistance services to school districts by assisting districts in:
- Management and monitoring of air quality programs
- Management and monitoring of hazard prevention programs for industrial arts shops and school lab settings
- Performing annual courtesy Mock OSHA inspections
- Monitoring to assure compliance to regulatory agencies
- Offering training to comply with local, state and federal regulations on Chemical Hygiene and Unlicensed Electrical Training
- Identifying concerns regarding MDE Safety Policy Letter and assist schools with project submittals for MDE approval
- Representing districts when contesting OSHA citations
- Providing updates on opportunities for Minnesota OSHA match funding programs
- Providing update on actions involving legislation and fire code changes
- Online training programs in a wide variety of health and safety related topics through Coastal Training Technologies
Monthly meetings are generally held the first Thursday of each month. These meetings provide updated information to assist districts and schools in dealing with health and safety issues and developing programs that assist in compliance with regulations and mandates as well as the protection of health and safety conditions and materials in a school environment. Meeting topics have included:
- Employee Right to Know & PPE
- ADA Accessibility
- Science Lab Safety
- New GHS Requirements & Recordkeeping OSHA 300
- Hazardous Waste Assessment in Schools
- Electrical code 2018 Arch Flash Training/NFPA 70E
- Gangs in Schools
- Active Shooter Protocols
- Underground/Above Ground Storage Rules Regulations for Schools
- Online Predators
- Roof Top Safety and OSHA Regulations
A video library of monthly meetings is also maintained for use by program participants.
Metro ECSU, in partnership with Safe Schools, a world-wide leader in the production of work place safety training, offers a variety of internet-based training opportunities.
If you would like more information on the trainings offered please contact Mike Weigel at 612-860-5152
Conference Room Rental
We offer state-of-the-art conference room rental services to both members and non-members. For more information go to the Conference Room Rental page.
Metro ECSU provides administrative services to its members in several areas. For more information go to the Administrative Services page.
Metro ECSU Publications
During the school year Metro ECSU offers the Annual Class Size Study, Composite Calendar for All Metro Districts and edNews. For more information go to the Metro ECSU Publications page.
Metro ECSU Online Registration
View all listings and events offered by Metro ECSU and register at our Event Calendar page.
Cooperative Purchasing Services
A wide variety of products are available with our program, the Cooperative Purchasing Connection. Vendor contracts are established through a formal bid process conducted by Minnesota Service Cooperatives (MSC).
Metro ECSU Membership
Active membership in Metro ECSU is open to each public school district which has chosen to join the cooperative by paying the appropriate membership fees. With membership districts can participate and vote in the governance of the co-op.More Information