There is one job position available at this time. Please read below for more information:
Accountant Position - Full time 260 days/2080 hours
The following tasks must be completed accurately for all Metro ECSU programs and Success Beyond the Classroom.
- Utilize accounting and spreadsheet software using generally accepted accounting principles to accurately maintain all general ledger accounts
- Reconcile bank statements in a timely manner
- Conduct monthly and year-end closing procedures
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Maintain vendor and bid record. Comply with required filings by local, state and federal agencies for agency licensure and management.
- Assists with the annual audit for ECSU and any special education desk audits
- Oversees determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets
- Process accounts payable, receivable, and payroll and their associated records as back up to bookkeeper.
- Complete and file quarterly tax reports
- Report to Executive Director.
Open until filled
- Bachelor’s Degree, and a minimum of three years of related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in collaborative teams
- Demonstrated ability to handle details and coordinate multiple on-going projects
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience with Google Apps
- Experience with software including Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated interest in continued learning
- Experience with School District UFARS is a plus
Metro ECSU is an equal opportunity employer
Conference Room Rental
We offer state-of-the-art conference room rental services to both members and non-members. For more information go to the Conference Room Rental page.
Metro ECSU provides administrative services to its members in several areas. For more information go to the Administrative Services page.
Metro ECSU Publications
During the school year Metro ECSU offers the Annual Class Size Study, Composite Calendar for All Metro Districts and edNews. For more information go to the Metro ECSU Publications page.
Metro ECSU Online Registration
View all listings and events offered by Metro ECSU and register at our Event Calendar page.
Cooperative Purchasing Services
A wide variety of products are available with our program, the Cooperative Purchasing Connection. Vendor contracts are established through a formal bid process conducted by Minnesota Service Cooperatives (MSC).
Metro ECSU Membership
Active membership in Metro ECSU is open to each public school district which has chosen to join the cooperative by paying the appropriate membership fees. With membership districts can participate and vote in the governance of the co-op.More Information