Join the team at Metro ECSU! We are a regional service cooperative working primarily with schools and districts. Our mission is to provide members with educational services and cooperative purchasing opportunities that help them reach their goals. We develop training opportunities and student enrichment programs to help educators and students. We have been doing this work since 1976. We are a small organization of approximately 35 very friendly staff. Our offices are located in Arden Hills, just south of 694. Staff have access to walking trails and lovely scenery. Our accountant and bookkeeper have been here for a total of over 45 years, this position is open due to a retirement. The person hired for this position will become part of a great team whose focus is providing financial support for Metro ECSU, with the opportunity to help our organization move into a new E-finance system. Their responsibilities include:
- Processing bi-monthly payroll and tax deposits as well as quarterly payroll reports
- Maintain HR records for staff including but not limited to medical, dental, LTD, life insurance, flex spending account enrollment and maintenance, employee pension and TSA deductions
- Processing accounts receivable
- Processing accounts payable
- Associate’s Degree in accounting or bookkeeping or two years pf previous related experience
- Effective interpersonal communication skills in a variety of situations
- Demonstrated ability to work positively and professionally with others
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possess sound decision- making skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent client service skills
Salary Range: Dependent upon qualifications
Send cover letter, 3 letters of professional reference, and resume to: Susan Frame, firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 31, 2019.
Please direct questions concerning salary and benefits to: Julie Frame, Julie.email@example.com
Metro Educational Service Cooperative is a an Equal Opportunity Employer
Conference Room Rental
We offer state-of-the-art conference room rental services to both members and non-members. For more information go to the Conference Room Rental page.
Metro ECSU provides administrative services to its members in several areas. For more information go to the Administrative Services page.
Metro ECSU Publications
During the school year Metro ECSU offers the Annual Class Size Study, Composite Calendar for All Metro Districts and edNews. For more information go to the Metro ECSU Publications page.
Metro ECSU Online Registration
View all listings and events offered by Metro ECSU and register at our Event Calendar page.
Cooperative Purchasing Services
A wide variety of products are available with our program, the Cooperative Purchasing Connection. Vendor contracts are established through a formal bid process conducted by Minnesota Service Cooperatives (MSC).
Metro ECSU Membership
Active membership in Metro ECSU is open to each public school district which has chosen to join the cooperative by paying the appropriate membership fees. With membership districts can participate and vote in the governance of the co-op.More Information